LiveFeed via Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, April 28, 2009

    Damn Fine Stories



    If you know me at all, you know that I love a good story. I, myself, am not the greatest storyteller; I'm too detail-oriented and they tend to drag on and on. I'm long-winded in general, I suppose. But, as I said, I do love a good story and The Moth organization celebrates excellence in storytelling.
    They sponsor competitions all over the country, and storytellers come from all walks of life, from cops to writers to celebrities to voodoo priestesses. Some are funny, some are sad. Most put my stories to shame, and I have spent my life up to this point actively pursuing good stories. Here is one that I particularly like, about a young man who moves to New York and battles a crazy superintendent in a rundown apartment complex. It's the epitome of the old adage that sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction. If you like it, check out the podcasts on iTunes and subscribe. The new stories are always a highlight of my week.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment